At The Verge, independence and freedom are always priorities, even during the times when you or your partner may require assistance. Needing care shouldn’t mean sacrificing who you are or the things that bring quality to your life. Care services are designed to provide you with the flexibility to continue living life your way.
Care on your terms
A like-minded community
Our safe and supportive community is a place to feel right at home – both now and in the years ahead. Should you ever face health issues, rest easy knowing you can access care and support from home care services and a RetireAustralia nurse. This makes life a little easier and gives you peace of mind that, should your needs change, you can continue to stay safely in your own home for longer.
Home care can help with household chores, meal preparation, showering, dressing, wound management, and medication support, to name a few. Our nurse is also available to provide care assessments and advice and support as you navigate life’s changes. Care is tailored to your individual needs and is funded privately or through access to an approved government Home Care Package (HCP).*
*Subject to funding conditions
As we get older, having the right level of support is key to maintaining independence and quality of life. At The Verge you can maintain a self-sufficient, independent lifestyle with more time for the things you enjoy. Apartments have been expertly designed with ageing-well in mind.
Low maintenance, wide walkways, lots of storage, natural light, accessible fixtures, deep showers and reinforced bathroom walls to retrofit railings are all seamlessly built in without ever disturbing the aesthetic or sacrificing the comforts of home.
Our dedicated team take care of gardening and maintenance, so you won’t have to – instead, you can continue enjoying time with friends, family, and all the opportunities village life brings.
Why choose home care?
1) Familiar, trusted staff deliver quality services, which include:
- Help with showering and dressing
- Help managing medication
- Taking you shopping or to the doctor
- Help with errands like walking the dog
- Wound care and other clinical support (delivered by Registered Nurses)
- Assistance with navigating My Aged Care to access government-funded care
- Coordinating care services
2) Flexibility to choose as much or as little support as you need at the time that suits you
3) Staff are located at the village or close by, meaning residents can spend more of their allocated home care package on the services they need instead of staff travel
4) The experienced care team can assist residents with a home care package approval in navigating the pathway to funded care through My Aged Care